If you are food lovers like us and you can’t have a walk without buying a treat for yourself or a gift for your family and friends, here are some adresses in Obernai that will be useful for you during this festive month.
Chocolates et Pastries
URBAN – Christophe ADRIAN Maître pâtissier
Go for the assortments of grand cru chocolate and try the chestnut flavor entremets “Torche aux marrons” and “Mousse aux marrons”, such a delight! Possibility to sit in the tea room inside.
This place is definitely our favorite reference to taste the best homemade Alsatian sweet pies! Some of them with meringue on top, Streusel version as well, cheesecake but also savory tarts such as onion tart, quiche lorraine, salmon/leek tart, so many choice for the greatest pleasure of your taste buds!
Simon GROSS Maître pâtissier
- 66 rue du Général Gouraud, 67210 Obernai
- Tuesday to Sunday: 8:30am to noon / 2pm to 6:30pm
Another great reference for assortments of grand cru chocolate. We like also their savory pies, especially the one with chicken and oyster mushrooms and the ones with vegetables.
Patrick SCHAEFFER Pâtissier
- 92 rue du Général Gouraud, 67210 Bernai
- Opened everyday: 8am to 6:30pm
- Dimanche et jours de fêtes: 7h30 à 18h30 sauf le 25 et 26 Décembre et le 1er Janvier. Sundays and National holidays: 7:30am to 6:30pm except the 25 and 26 December and the 1st of January
One of the pastry places in the heart of the city center where you can taste delicious pies and cakes in a cosy tea room.
Boulangerie Degermann Guillaume
Au Pain Gourmand
- 139 rue du Général Gouraud, 67210 Obernai
- Monday and Tuesday: 5am to 12:30pm and 3:30 to 6:30pm
- Wednesday: 5am to 12:30pm. Thursday and Friday: 5am to 12:30pm and 3:30pm to 6:30pm. Saturday 5am to 12:30pm. Sunday: 6am to 12:30pm
You might have surely heard about the “Bredeles”, these famous little biscuits baked during the Christmas and New Year holidays. Here is an excellente address to discover them and why not trying the typical Mannele and Kougelhopf as well, also yummy must-eat treats in Alsace!
La Maison de la Biscuiterie
One thing that you will definitely notice once you will arrive in front of the shop : an incredible smell of fresh baked biscuits…which is just too hard to resist!
So yes, enter in the shop, you will find out this famous “Macaron de Riquewihr” which has been a success for 25 years as well as varieties of bredeles with such an amazing taste.
If you want to buy a souvenir typical from the region such as pottery cooking pots for the most famous traditional dishes or pies, this is the right address. We like also the room situated at the back of the shop which is completely full of Christmas decoration and accessories during the Christmas season.
For all fashion lovers, don’t hesitate to have a look there! During the winter period you can find a selection of latest trend and style warm clothes, most of them being sold in limited quantity. You will be able to find nice scarfs, winter hats and gloves to face the winter season as well as beautiful jewelry from diverse designers and high-quality leather bags.
Le Sourire du Gourmet – Epicerie fine
- 2 Place des Fines Herbes, 67210 Obernai
- Tuesday to Thursday: 9:30am to 12:30pm and 2pm to 7pm. Friday: 9:30am to 12:30pm and 2pm to 7:30pm. Closed on Sunday and Monday.
Stecostar – La petite manufacture des rêves
What a beautiful address to discover a whole univers of authentic decoration, you can easily spend a long time just staring at all the items inside the shop!. We are completely in awe of the wooden art craft objects which for most of them remind us of our toys of yesteryear.