Relax and Enjoy the Nature
Schenkenberg wine trail
- Time : 1h30
- Address: allée du Mémorial, 67210
Located very closed from the Mont National, a little bit on the heights, this pedestrian tour will permit you to admire a great panoramic view on the Alsace plain and its hills and go for strolls around the Schenkenberg vineyards where you will find some informations signs along the paths about the vineyard work and the diversity of grape varieties in Alsace.
Ehn trails (Sentier de l’Ehn)
- Time : 2h00
- Address: departure from the “Plein-Air” swimming-pool (28 Rue de Boersch, 67210 Obernai)
Very well appreciated by the walkers and runners, the Ehn trails of about 2,4 km long is ideal for those of you that like to be in contact with nature, far from the noise and the bustling city. While wandering along the river of Ehn, you will find information signs by the municipality and other collaborators such as the Sivom du Bassin de l’Ehn with the help of students from the Agricultural Secondary School of Obernai, which was a way to get people aware of the benefits of nature and its preservation.
Fitness Trail (Parcours Santé)
Declined in 3 different ways, the Fitness trail is perfect for runners (with signs along the way with exercise instructions for all levels), people loving strolls as well as mountain bike and horse ride enthusiasts.
Be Lazy in a park
Obernai public park
- Address : Route de Boersch, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours : from Monday to Thursday from 8h15 to 12h00 – from 13h45 to 17h30, Fridays from 8h15 to 12h00 – from 13h45 to 16h30, closed on Saturdays and Sundays
The perfect spot to rest and relax! With about 4 hectares, the public park is a great green space, big and well taken care of by the municipality. While strolling in, you will find a beautiful vegetation (especially the giant sequoia), nice garden and relaxing areas perfectly suited to enjoy picnic or just simply lay down on the grass.
Another thing that can be very convenient for families, you will find a big playground for kids at the end of the park.
The Léonardsau Estate
- Address: Rue de Dietrich, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours: everyday from 8h00 to 19h00
Little known by the general public, the Léonardsau estate is a beautiful site where you will find its castle built by Baron Albert de Dietrich in the 19th century as well as its park spreading out 9 hectares, both being on the waiting list for being registered as historic monuments.
Make a splash during summer
L’O Espace Aquatique
- Address: 6 Rue Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours: from Monday to Friday from 10h00 to 20h00, saturdays and Sundays from 9h00 to 20h00
Built by the Communauté de Communes du Pays de Sainte-Odile, the Espace O is a complex dedicated to swimming and aquatic recreational activities. What you will find inside: the “Aquatic area” with two pools and one solarium, the “Well-being area” with baths, saunas, hammams and tepidarium as well as the “Fitness area” with access to a lot of machines.
You can also have a meal there, you can find dishes à la carte or eat the dish of the day.
Obernai “Plein Air” Swimming-pool
- Address: 28 Rue de Boersch, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours: from Monday to Thursday from 10h00 to 20h00, Fridays and Saturdays from 9h00 to 20h00
- Prices : children under 4 years old 1,50 EUR, children from 4 to 17 years old 3,50 EUR, adults 4,50 EUR
Ideal during summer, this swimming-pool opens its doors during June, July and August for the pleasure of large and small. In addition to this pool, you will find an area dedicated for children with outside water games as well as some green spaces ideal to get some shades.
Discover winemakers and distillery in Obernai
Vins d’Alsace Robert Blanck
- Address : 167 Route d’Ottrott, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 8h-12h / 13h30-18h30. Saturday: 9h-12h / 13h30-18h30. Sunday and Holidays: 10h-12h30 / 15h-18h
You will find there a beautiful array of Alsatian wines from Crémant, traditional wine, vieilles vignes to vendanges tardives.
Top wines: Riesling, Pinot Gris and Gewurztraminer.
- Addresse :18 Rue du Général Gouraud, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours: from Monday to Saturday from 9h00 to 12h00 – from 14h00 to 18h00, closed on Sundays
Vins WEIBEL Marcel et Fils
- Address: 18 Rue de la Colonne, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours: from Monday to Saturday from 9h00 to 12h00 – from 13h30 to 19h00, Sundays from 9h00 to 12h00 – from 13h30 to 17h00
Buchholz Strub Annie
- Address: 14 Rue de Bernardswiller, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours : every day from 10h00 to 22h00
Artisanal Distillerie Lehmann
- Address: Chemin des Peupliers, 67210 Obernai
- Opening hours: from Monday to Friday from 9h00 to 12h00 – from 14h00 to 18h00, Saturdays from 9h00 to 12h00 – from 14h00 to 16h00, closed on Sundays
The magic of Christmas in Obernai
You can visit the Alsace region during the whole year, however there is great moment where the concentration of tourists is as its best. It is indeed the Christmas period which usually starts the last weekend of November until the end of this festive season. During this time, both big and small cities prepare the best decorations from now and yesteryear, and set their respective Christmas market.
Obernai is among the must-visit cities in Alsace to discover during the Christmas season. With a marvelous Christmas market with its typical wooden chalets, it is a reminder to authentic Alsatian traditions to contemplate… with of course a glass of glühwein and some grilled chestnuts!